SaraEdwards– editorials editor
AmeliaBeaudry-senior section editor
Shuler nominations were released last week, and Chattahoochee’s show, “Little Shop of Horrors,” was loaded with nominations and honorable mentions. A highly coveted and highly sought after achievement, the Shuler Awards recognize top high school musical theater programs throughout Georgia. “Little Shop of Horrors” is one of Chattahooche’s most recognized productions. Listed below are Chattahoochee’s achievements.
- Will Davenport as Audrey ll: best performance by a supporting actor
- Dominique Bell as Chiffon: best performance by a supporting actress
- Majesty Mathews as Crystal: best performance by a featured performer
- Ms. Jensen: best direction
- Ms. Blevins: best technical execution and best choreography
- Ensemble: best ensemble
- Entire cast: best overall production
- Brian Wittenberg: best performance by a leading actor
- Ms. Blevins: best lighting design, best orchestra and best music direction
Because the entire cast was nominated for best overall production, they will perform a song from the show, and Brian will be part of a medley with all of the other nominees for best actor. There is also a Shuler ensemble, which is composed of two non-leads that will perform at both the beginning and end of the awards show. The two students who will be representing Chattahoochee are Amanda Hornef and Andy Taylor.
The cast will travel to the Cobb Energy Centre for the award ceremony on April 23. Check out the live broadcast at 7:30 p.m., and watch “Little Shop of Horrors” dominate the Shuler Awards!